#5 Kalvin Johnson: 262 All-Stars 16u- Small Forward
I enjoyed watching this young man play basketball. Kalvin showed off a nice touch from the perimeter. It didn’t matter if he scored in the post, nailed mid-range shots or converted three-pointers, Kalvin had the complete package working for him. In the post he used his size to effectively score on smaller defenders. I was surprised by his ball handling skills. Kalvin used a variety of hesitation moves to easily get around defenders and make plays. These one-on-one moves led to easy scores at the rim. I truly appreciated his ability to score from mid-range. Kalvin was very effective within fifteen feet of the basket. The mid-range game doesn’t exist much in today’s game. It was refreshing to see a young player taking advantage of converting easier shots. Kalvin is also a great rebounder. He had no problems using his physicality to dominate the glass on both ends of the court. After watching the energy he played with, I believe Kalvin a great all around player. He's multi-skilled and ready to take his game to an elite level.

Comments
Post a Comment